Currently underway, the Stuff-A-Bus campaign helps to ensure that children in need have the necessary supplies to begin the new school year. The United Way is soliciting area businesses and individuals and have arranged for school buses to be located throughout Oswego County on August 18 where people will be able to donate school supplies.
The buses will be located at the following sites from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
- Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
- Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Fulton
- Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main Street in Mexico
- Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
- Kinney Drugs at 17 South 1st Street in Fulton
- Tops Friendly Market, Route 3 in Hannibal
- Fulton Savings Bank Plaza, Route 57 in Phoenix
Staff members and volunteers from all Oswego County nine school districts and volunteers from the United Way of Greater Oswego County will sort the collected supplies with a portion going to each of the school districts in Oswego County.
Volunteers will then be distributing the school supplies throughout Oswego County as follows:
- APW – August 22 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the APW Bus Garage
- Central Square – August 22 from 9:00 a.m. –12:00 Noon at the Paul V. Moore High School Cafeteria
- Fulton – August 22 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon at Fairgrieve Elementary School.
- Hannibal – August 22 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. at Kenney Middle School.
- Oswego – August 22 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon at Fitzhugh Park School
- Pulaski – August 22 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Pulaski High School Gym Lobby
- Sandy Creek – August 21 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at the Sandy Creek Elementary School Cafeteria.
- Phoenix – August 22 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Maroun Elementary School.
- Mexico – August 22 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon in the Mexico Middle School Gym.
Families are urged to attend the distribution in their school district only. A copy of the students 2016-2017 report card is required for participate.
School supplies will be available for those who would find it challenging to purchase the supplies that their child need for school. Volunteers will be on hand to assist and guide the children and to make sure that they get the supplies they really need.
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900.
Cut line for photo: Rich Burritt (center) of Burritt Motors in Oswego presents a check for $500 to United Way Stuff-A-Bus Co-Chairpersons Laurie Kelly and Executive Director of United Way of Greater Oswego County Patrick Dewine (right) to help purchase additional school supplies for United Way’s annual Stuff-A-Bus Campaign, which collects and distributes school supplies to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County. For more information, or to make a donation to the Stuff-A-Bus Campaign contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900.