January 31st, 2012
RSVP RELEASE-The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), a division of SUNY Oswego’s Office of Business and Community Relations, will staff tax sites in the cities of Oswego and Fulton and by appointment in the villages of Constantia and Phoenix. RSVP supervises its program in cooperation with the AARP, the IRS and the state Department of Taxation and Finance. Counseling sessions are available for all, with special attention to those 60 and older. In conjunction with RSVP, the SUNY Oswego School of Business will also offer free Tax Aide services.
Beginning February 1 through April 15 the following sites will be open to serve County residents. Rarely will sites close due to bad weather. To avoid a long wait at the walk in sites, consider delaying your visit to those sites until mid-February.
• Constantia: St. Bernadette’s Bistro, 1667 St. Rt. 49, — Thursdays by appointment. Call 623-9803 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to schedule. Lunch is optional. Feb. 4 – Apr. 11.,BR/> • Fulton: Municipal Building, 141 South 1st Street — Walk in site; Wednesdays 9am–12pm and 6-8 pm. Feb. 6 – Apr. 10.
• Oswego: McCrobie Civic Center, 41 Lake Street — Walk in site; Tuesdays 11am-3pm. Feb. 5 – Apr. 9.
• Phoenix: Public Library, 34 Elm Street – Weekdays by appointment. Call to schedule: (Fred) 695-2553, (Bill) 458-1465, (Betty) 934-4333. Feb. 1 – Apr. 15.
School of Business Sites:
• Fulton: Workforce Development Building (Route 57 across from Mimi’s) Tuesdays 4:30 – 7:30 pm. Feb. 5 – Apr. 9 (Closed Mar. 19).
• Oswego: Hamilton Homes, Hamilton Street, Thursdays 4:30 – 7:30 pm. Feb. 7, 21, Mar. 7, 28, and April 11 only.
• Oswego: SUNY Campus, Rich Hall, Saturdays 10am – 4pm. Feb. 2 – Apr. 13 (Closed Mar. 16, 23)
Taxpayers should have with them last year’s completed tax forms, W-2s, 1099s, unemployment compensation statements, all forms indicating federal income tax paid (for example, estimated payments), dependent care provider information—including name, employer, provider identification or Social Security number—all receipts or canceled checks for itemized deductions and a Social Security or individual identification card for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents.
For more information on this and other RSVP programs, or to receive the Mature Living newsletter, call 312-2317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP is a federal initiative of the Corporation for National & Community Service and is sponsored locally by SUNY Oswego and the United Way.